Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pencil it in…

Sometimes I get in my own way.

My thoughts bog me down. My worries become a stronghold. My “to do” list becomes a tyrant. And in the midst of it all, I tell myself a lie: there’s no time for inspiration. There’s no time to sit. No time to write. No time to read. No time to play my guitar. No time to meditate or pray.

I am really good at working the perpetual state of “go-go-go.” I think we all are because that’s the lives we’re living. But what if we’re wrong? What if this rat race is the lie?

A couple weeks ago I wrote about finding every excuse to embrace life as the beautiful, fleeting thing that it is… My heart knows this. My mind knows this. But apparently, my schedule doesn’t.

Looks like my schedule and I need to talk…

But, the bottom line is: there is time for inspiration. It’s all around us. We just have to make time for it. I wish it were as easy as penciling it in:

Monday 5:00-7:00 p.m. meet Inspiration at the park

or

Sunday 7:15-8:00 p.m. curl up with Inspiration


But then again, what if it were that easy? Life is merely time, isn’t it? So if that’s all it is, then why don’t we start making time to live life? What can’t we find some time for inspiration in every day? We’re good at making time for everything else...

Maybe what inspires you is different from me, but what matters is that we move time for ourselves to the top of the “to do” list. What are the things that make you feel alive? What makes you sigh deeply with satisfaction? Is it reading to your small child? Running solo as the sun sets over the orange sky? Working at a soup kitchen? Figure it out (like I am), and pencil in some time for yourself to get inspired.

When we’re inspired we operate at our highest forms of ourselves. We are light. We are air. We are dynamic. And when we are full of life and inspiration, people take notice. We draw others to ourselves because we are in balance. Life’s joys expand.

So turn off the television. Shut off the computer. Let the “to do” list wait. Let’s make it a point to be inspired every day. Let’s pencil it in, as funny as that sounds…

This week, let inspiration be your new priority.

Let the light in.

Let your life become an art form.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails