Friday, February 19, 2010

POETography: What's She Thinking?


POETography is something I am going to try to do at least once a month. I'll post a picture that was inspiring to me, and if it moves you, please post what you're thinking in words, phrases, stories, or poetry. It can be whatever comes to your mind.

So... What's she thinking? What thoughts came to your mind when you saw this picture? Comment here or at our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Universal-Soul/175779326361?ref=nf) with your thoughts, your words, or your poetry.

I did a POETography about a photo of a Haitian girl after the earthquake last month, which can be found here: http://theuniversalsoul.blogspot.com/2010/01/poetography-haiti-dark-and-rolling.html

Looking forward to hearing from you! PLEASE don't be a stranger... Post your thoughts. :)

I POSTED MY POEM IN THE COMMENTS SECTION TO GET THE BALL ROLLING... Click on "Comments" and check it out.

*Photo from Flickr "Interesting Photos" post

4 comments:

  1. First Snow
    K.A. Phinney

    I want to watch the snow fall,
    Left to right, right to left.
    Wash me clean and good.
    Clean my tired little soul
    So I can shine again,
    Like the child I once was.

    I’ll wait for the first snow
    To come down hard on me
    And let it melt into me,
    Vanishing my pain
    And starting over again.
    No, it’s not the end.

    Come down, come now.
    Tell me what to say and do
    For a start over in this season of life.
    For innocence, I will offer up
    my apologies and my regrets.

    I want to feel the snow fall,
    White and new on me
    Upon the darkness the nights left.
    And when I come out
    Of this waking slumber,
    I will smile and know
    For the first time in years
    That I saw my first snow fall
    And could start again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stood there
    thinking of you.
    Cutting wind and burning ice
    fell around me.
    But the thought of you
    warmed me to the core.
    Like a shot of chilled whiskey,
    I can feel it flow
    through my veins.
    My hair whipped and twisted
    around my face.
    I can almost feel
    your course palm on my cheek,
    brushing my loose strands
    behind my ear.
    Every moment that you are away
    feels like an endless winter.
    But until you come back
    and my spring has returned,
    I will stand here
    and think of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fearless ;), beautiful writing. I've always loved your talent from day one! I love the imagery and the simile "like a shot of chilled whiskey." Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I really love this idea and I will definitely try to post a comment for each poetography. I have very little time to write like I used to so this is really helping me to get back into it again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails